Skincare in Calgary
At Vive Med Spa, we offer medical-grade skincare products that contain higher levels of active ingredients and are clinically tested to give real results. We will recommend the best skincare regime for you to manage sun damage, aging, fine lines, wrinkles, dryness, acne, scarring, texture, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, and dullness. It all comes down to which ingredients will address your concerns, and as a medical skin rejuvenation clinic, Vive understands how to give you the best results using these ingredients which are found in our medical-grade skincare lines:
- Antioxidants: protects your collagen at the cellular level for anti-aging benefits.
- Growth Factors: repairs damaged cells, renew collagen for firmness and elasticity and maintain the skin’s protective functions.
- Retinol: boosts cellular turnover and collagen production to improve firmness, tone, and texture.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids: improves exfoliation, decongests pores in acne, reduces fine lines and texture for anti-aging benefits.
- Hyaluronic Acid: helps retain moisture, so your skin looks healthy and hydrated
- Peptides: powerful building blocks of proteins that increase natural peptide and collagen production.
- Hydroquinone 2%: skin lightening and correcting agent that gradually lightens dark spots and evens skin tone and texture.
- Spf 30+ Sunscreen: The sooner you start using daily SPF, the more your skin will be protected, it will be healthier, and you will have fewer signs of premature aging such as skin discoloration, texture, fine lines, and wrinkles. Wear SPF 30 every day of the year, no matter the weather!
We will help you achieve a healthy, bright, smooth and firm complexion. Book a skincare consultation with us to learn which products are right for you.
Look and Feel Fabulous
Evidence-based medicine has shown us there are key ingredients in medical-grade skincare products that safely and effectively help improve skin issues such as acne, aging, moisture loss, sun damage, texture, congested pores, redness, brown spots, oily skin, hyperpigmentation, and melasma. Antioxidants, alpha-hydroxy acids, retinoids, peptides, vitamins, and plant-based ingredients all contribute to a healthier, smoother, more hydrated complexion.
Teens and Young Adults Look & Feel Fabulous
Young skin deserves special consideration—sensitivity, congestion, breakouts, moderate to severe acne, discoloration and scarring are some of the issues we commonly address. Our physicians have additional training in practical dermatology, and they have a special interest in acne management. Your medical appointment at the acne clinic will include a skin assessment and medical history with one of our physicians. If necessary, they will prescribe either topical or oral medication to help get acne under control. They will provide counsel on cleansing, exfoliating and strategies to get your symptoms under control to help manage acne as part of your plan.
Our clinicians do clinical photography, review medical-grade skincare options and contribute to your plan for success in acne management. Our number one recommendation for teens and young adults is to apply SPF 30 over the face and neck, every single day of the year to protect your collagen, reduce the chance of discoloration and scarring and prevent premature signs of aging. Apply daily, no matter what the weather is like because UV rays come through clouds too!